Be in to win Christmas on us. Simply scan your Clubcard in-store and for every $40 spent* you will receive an entry into the draw to win a $1000 New World Gift Card. There is $1000 to be won by one lucky winner in EVERY STORE! Don’t have a Clubcard? You can join here. Every $40 you spend is another entry to unwrap an even merrier Christmas.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on Monday 6th November 2017 and runs until close of trade on Friday 3rd December 2017 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw for every $40 or more you spend in one transaction (excluding Christmas Club, cigarettes, tobacco, gift cards, fuel, phone card and AT hop card top ups, payment of accounts and Lotto purchases) during the Promotion Period and swipe or scan your Clubcard, Fly Buys, or Airpoints™ card in-store (Loyalty Card) at the time of payment (Eligible Purchase/s) at all New World stores nationwide but excluding Fresh Collective by New World stores and excluding online purchases at ishopneworld.co.nz and including Shoprite Inglewood (Participating Stores).
5. When your Loyalty Card is swiped or scanned in-store you will automatically be entered into the draw.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to limit the number of entries per Loyalty Card to whichever applies: either a maximum of 20 eligible entries by way of separate Eligible Purchase/s or to a maximum spend of $80 per week for the purpose of entering this competition only and during the Promotional Period
7. If an entry is made by a Fly Buys secondary card holder swiping that Fly Buys card, the entry will be made in the name of the primary Fly Buys card holder.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
8. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a. you must have made an Eligible Purchase and swiped or scanned your Loyalty Card at the time of purchase;
b. you must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at Foodstuffs’ sole discretion, their prize may be deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner;
c. you must be a current Fly Buys member, Air New Zealand Airpoints member, or New World Clubcard member; and
d. you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in-store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
9. New World employees are not eligible to enter this competition.
How winners will be selected
10. Prize winners will be drawn by Foodstuffs on 18th December 2017 by random electronic selection from all entries. The first eligible winner drawn per store will win a $1,000 New World Gift Card.
If prize becomes unavailable
11. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
12. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or its agent once a draw has been completed within 10 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Loyalty Card used to enter the competition (or the primary Fly Buys card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 10 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
13. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Loyalty Card’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
14. The prize is a $1000 New World Gift Card. There is one prize to be won in every New World store nationally (excludes Fresh Collective). This total value of the prize pool is $138,000.
15. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
16. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
17. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
18. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any participating New World store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
19. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
20. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Loyalty Card, depending on the card you swipe or enter for an Eligible Purchase will also apply.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
22. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs and Loyalty. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs, Loyalty and, if applicable, your Loyalty Card provider in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the applicable Loyalty Card terms and conditions. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
23. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact Foodstuffs’ Marketing Department on (09) 621 0600.