* This competition has closed.
CONGRATUALTIONS to the Valentine’s Day $13,000 Diamond winner
Jenny O. from New World Fielding
And the bonus Clubcard draw winner: Peter P. of New World Northwood
Congratulations to our daily winners:
- Mike D - Auckland
- Mark M - Rangiora
- Gaye M - Whakatane
- Rachel P - Auckland
- Talita T - Turangi
- Sharon H - Christchurch
- Michela W - Auckland
- Julie M - Auckland
- Lorraine G - Waikanae
- Jean W - Auckland
- Kenneth W - Dunedin
- Kathleen W - Oamaru
- Alan M - Auckland
- Richard D - Stoke
- Gretchen H - Christchurch
- Brett B - Mt Maunganui
- Bevan M - Auckland
- Geraldine A - Auckland
- Adrian C - Christchurch
- Karen T - Christchurch
- Paula C - Auckland
- Maree L – Palmerston North
- Allister C – Whangarei
- Marissa L – Queenstown
- Mary S – Auckland
- Paula C – Miramar
- Rebecca G – Palmerston North
Terms and conditions
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
These Conditions of Entry relate to the New World ‘Valentine’s Day Diamond’ Promotion 2017, text to win and grand prize draws (The Promotion).
1. The Promotion commences at 12:00:00am on Monday, 6 February 2017 and concludes at 11:59:59pm on Tuesday, 14 February 2017 (Promotion Period).
2. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering this promotion, entrants accept these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry into the Promotion is only open to New Zealand residents as at the time of entry (Eligible Entrants).
TERMS OF ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION – Daily draw
4. To participate, Eligible Entrants simply make a Qualifying Purchase to receive a Unique Code Card. A Qualifying Purchase is deemed as spending $40 or more in a single transaction (excluding Christmas Club top ups/vouchers, New World Gift Cards, online purchases, Tobacco products, EFTPOS cash withdrawals and New Zealand Lottery Tickets.) from a New World store.
5. Only one Unique Code Card is redeemable per transaction.
6. To enter a daily draw, send the unique code from the Unique Code Card as a text message to ‘407’ to enter. You may enter using any NZ mobile phone (021//027/029/022). Standard network rates apply, typically 20c. Text charges may not be covered by text-inclusive packages, check with your network operator. Please ensure you have permission of the person who pays the mobile bill before entering via text.
7. The Unique Code Card can be obtained at the checkout at the time a Qualifying Purchase is made. Each Unique Code can only be used once.
TERMS OF ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION – Clubcard Grand prize draw
8. In addition to the daily draws, Eligible Entrants will be automatically placed into the Grand Prize draw each time they make a Qualifying Purchase during the Promotion Period and scan their valid New World Clubcard at the time of payment.
9. For an entry to be eligible to win the grand prize, your New World Clubcard account details must be complete and up to date (including a phone number).
10. Clubcard Terms and Conditions apply in addition to these terms and can be viewed at http://www.clubcard.co.nz.
11. Prizes consist of the following (together Prizes):
a) There are 27 pairs of 9ct yellow or white gold Diamond Studs (each a Daily Prize). Total Diamond Weight 0.30ct JKL/I1, Size 4mm x 4mm, each valued at $1,529 to be won, (3 pairs per day) during the Promotion Period. . The winner has their choice of White or Yellow Gold Studs.
b) A single and loose round brilliant cut diamond. Diamond actual weight 1.00ct, Dimensions: 6.34 x 6.37 x 3.97mm. Diamond quality estimated to be approximately Clarity as Slightly included (SI-2) and Colour approximately White G. Valued at $13,000 (Grand Prize).
12. The total Prize pool value is $54,283.
DAILY PRIZE DRAWS
13. The first Daily Draw period starts at 12:00:00am and ends at 11:59:59pm on 6 February 2017. Each daily draw period thereafter corresponds to the 24 hour period commencing at 12:00:00am and ending at 11:59:59pm each day after until Wednesday 15 February 2017 (each a Daily Draw).
14. Each valid text entry received during a Promotion Period will be eligible for a Daily Draw. Each Daily Draw will include all valid entries from the previous 24 hour Promotion Period. Each Daily Draw will be held at 12:00pm on the next working day. The first entrant randomly selected for each Daily Draw will win the Daily Prize.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW
15. The grand prize will be drawn on 16th February 2017 by random selection from all valid entries received in the Grand Prize draw and the first entrant selected will win the Grand Prize.
16. Each winner should look to the manufacturer of products awarded as a Prize for all warranties. However, these terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
17. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable.
18. a) Winners of the Daily Draws will be contacted via phone and will have their choice of White or Yellow Gold Diamond Earrings. Once a winner has selected White or Yellow Gold, there is no opportunity for exchange.
b) Prize winners will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable following the Prize Draw. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact Prize winners using the information provided at the time of entry. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw or reallocate any Prize if a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period, as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity from any winner. Proof of identity includes but is not limited to a valid driver’s license and/or passport.
20. Prizes that are not claimed as directed will be forfeited. No compensation will be payable if you are unable to claim a Prize as stated for whatever reason. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. If you enter or attempt to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s opinion, is contrary to these Conditions of Entry or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices), your entry may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
22. Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the Promotion or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
24. If, for any reason, this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and any person in connection with this Promotion are not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage whatsoever suffered or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with (i) participation in this Promotion; (ii) any Prize; and (iii) the administration of this Promotion and distribution of any Prize.
26. The Promoter reserves its right to modify these Conditions of Entry at any time for any reason.
27. These Conditions of Entry are governed by, construed in accordance with; the laws of New Zealand and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
28. By entering the competition, you agree to the use of your name for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation.
29. The Promoter collects personal information for the purposes of conducting this competition. By entering this competition, you consent to the Promoter disclosing your personal information to third party suppliers of prizes (if you are a winner) to enable fulfilment of the prize.
30. The Promoter is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, PO BOX 27480, Mt Roskill, Auckland 1440. Please call the New World Customer Services team on 0800 363 977 between 7am – 10pm Monday to Friday and then 8-5pm Saturday and Sunday, for any queries relating to this promotion. Entries should not be sent to this address.