Check out the 2022 Foodstarter Event
Start-up Category – QB's Snacks, QB’s Crunchy Cheese- A puffed up cheese snack made from 100% New Zealand cheese with low sugar and gluten free.
New World Small Supplier Category – Olive & Ash, Vince- a dehydrated plant-based vegetable mince, sourced and made in New Zealand with over 500g of real vegetables in every pack.
FoodStarter is a nationwide search led by New World and Ministry of Awesome, supported by Foodstuffs South Island, Foodstuffs North Island, as well as Food Innovation Network, Grid AKL, Socialites, Strategy Creative and PHD.
A huge congratulations to all the finalists and both our winners!
FoodStarter 2022 finalists
|Start-ups category||Small suppliers category|
|• Black Doris Ltd
• No Rush
• PARKERS Beverage Company
• QB’s Snacks
|• Feliz Wholefoods Limited
• Kavita’s Kitchen NZ Ltd
• Olive and Ash Ltd
• The Damn Good Food Company
• The Excellent Side Project
What’s the prize?
The winner of each category will receive a package of prizes worth up to $70,000:
• The opportunity for National ranging in the New World supermarket network across New Zealand
• Go to market, sell-in, and sell-through strategy support provided by Foodstuffs North Island and Foodstuffs South Island Merchandising
• Go to market brand support, development and PR for launch activities
• A fully paid for HQ for up to 4 team members for 12 months at Christchurch’s Te Ohaka - Centre for Growth and Innovation (South Island) or GridAKL (North Island)
• Expert startup incubation programme provided by the startup activation team at Ministry of Awesome
• Specialist Food & beverage sector R&D, development, and support with Food Innovation Network
• Design and marketing support from Strategy Creative
• 2 hour social media workshop with Socialites.
• 2 Hour Media Consulting Sessions with PHD Media. *
• Return flights and accommodation to attend Foodstuffs 2022 Partnership Awards for 2 to Christchurch on 27th May 2022**
• Complimentary exhibitor site and on the ground support at Foodstuffs Expo 2023 ***
*(Subject to the winners product not conflicting with current PHD clients products).
**(If residing outside of Christchurch) applies to Small Supplier Category only.
***(Subject to product readiness & availability).
All thanks to the proud supporters of Foodstarter:
Pressure Cooker evening 2021
The 2021 search for New Zealand’s most innovative food and beverage products culminated with ten finalists pitching their exciting products to the judging panel in the Pressure Cooker event.