NEW WORLD SCRATCH & SCORE PROMOTION
Terms and Conditions
1. Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs) is the Promoter of the New World Scratch & Score Promotion (Promotion).
2. By participating in this Promotion you agree to these terms and conditions.
3. The promotion is being run at all New World stores nationwide (Participating Stores)..
4. The Promotion runs from 16 September 2019 – 2 November 2019 or while Code Card stocks last in each Participating Store, whichever occurs earliest (Promotion Period).
Qualifying Purchases and Scratchie Code Cards
5. Spend on purchases instore at Participating Stores, other than spend on Christmas Club deposits, Gift Cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products and New Zealand Lotteries tickets, at any Participating Store during the Promotion Period qualifies for this Promotion (Qualifying Purchase).
6. During the Promotion Period:
a. you will receive one (1) ticket with a unique entry code (Scratchie Code Card) for each multiple of $40 spent per Qualifying Purchase per single transaction; and
b. once the Qualifying Purchase exceeds $40, you will receive an additional Scratchie Code Card for each purchase of a particular nominated supplier’s products or product bundle (Bonus Buy Product) purchased in that transaction. Bonus Buy Product listings and their promotion availability dates are listed at https://www.newworld.co.nz/get-match-ready/bonus-code.
7. Notwithstanding clause 6, a maximum of twenty (20) Scratchie Code Cards can be attained in a single transaction. For example a shop with a Qualifying Purchase totalling $205 including 2 Bonus Buy Products would receive 5 + 2 = 7 Scratchie Code Cards (1 per $40 spent + 1 per bonus product bought). The same value $205 Qualifying Purchase but including 17 Bonus Buy Products, would qualify for 5 + 17 = 22 Scratchie Code Cards based on the actual shop but in practice would receive the maximum 20 Scratchie Code Cards.
8. The Scratchie Code Cards can only be obtained at checkouts at the time of a Qualifying Purchase or from the customer service station when using the self-checkout after a Qualifying Purchase.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, any form of online purchase (via Ishop or New World website, including click and collect purchases) are not Qualifying Purchases for the purposes of clause 5 and therefore not eligible for Scratchie Code Cards. However, online purchases may qualify for the Final Draw see clause 20 below.
How to Play
10. Each Scratchie Code Card will have a unique code. To enter go to www.matchready.co.nz follow the prompts to the promotion entry page. You will then be presented with a “Scratch & Score 3 in a Row” game in a ‘tic-tac-toe/noughts & crosses’ format. You must input your mobile phone number and email address in the allocated fields and then enter the unique code on your Scratchie Code Card to receive one game play. All game plays must be completed by midnight 3 November 2019.
11. The object of each game is to reveal 3 identical symbols and prize values in either a vertical, horizontal or diagonal row. To play the game, you must use your mouse or finger (touch screens) to scratch off and uncover the 9 game board panels in order to see whether or not you have won an instant cash prize.
12. Entrants who reveal 3 identical symbols in a row (vertically, horizontally or diagonally) with identical cash prize values will be notified they have won the cash prize value indicated and directed on screen how to claim their prize. All prize claims must be received by midnight 10 November 2019. For the avoidance of doubt the winning cash prizes are:
a. 3 x whistle symbols in a row = $20
b. 3 x rugby ball symbols in a row = $50
c. 3 x trophy symbols in a row = $500
13. Entrants who have not won a prize will receive a message stating “Sorry, you’re not a winner this time, but you’ve been entered in The Final Draw”. For the sake of clarity, the winning/losing algorithm of the “Scratch & Score 3 in a Row” game will be based on a mix of random prize winning unique codes and pre-determined game play times (i.e. winning is based on chance and not the application of skill).
14. Retain all original receipts and Scratchie Code Cards: Entrants must retain their purchase receipt(s) and Scratchie Code Cards for all entries throughout the Promotion Period as proof of all purchases. Receipts and/or Scratchie Code Cards will be required to validate each and every instant prize claim and may also be requested to prove purchase for previous non-winning game plays. Failure to produce the receipt or Scratchie Code Card for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter or its agents, result in invalidation of all of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the New World store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotion Period but prior to any prize claim.
15. Entry Limit: A maximum of twenty (20) entries per person per day is permitted, subject to the following:
a. Only one (1) entry permitted per $40 Qualifying Purchase or Bonus Buy Product (refer to clause 6).
b. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
Instant Cash Prizes
16. The following instant cash prizes totalling up to $1,000,000 NZD is available to be won (each an Instant Cash Prize):
a. 100 x $500
b. 3,000 x $50
c. 40,000 x $20
Please note that at the time you enter the Promotion some prizes may have already been won.
17. Each Instant Cash Prize will be paid by the Promoter or its agent to each winner via direct transfer into the nominated winner’s bank account, subject to verification. Winners are to allow up to 28 working days to receive their prize via bank transfer, following validation of their prize claim.
18. Entrants Instant Cash Prize Winner Notification: Entrants will be notified immediately in writing on screen whether or not they have won an Instant Cash Prize. Instant Cash Prize winners will be emailed a link to be directed to the prize claim page online where they will be required to upload proof of purchase receipt(s) and provide all other necessary contact details including but not limited to Name, Address and Bank Account Number for the Promoter and its agents to validate their claim and then process payment of their prize.
19. Instant Cash Prize Claim: All claims for Instant Cash Prizes must be made online immediately following a Scratch & Score 3 in a Row instant prize win and no later than midnight on 10 November 2019.
The Final Draw
20. Entrants who do not win an Instant Cash Prize pursuant to clause 12 but received the “Sorry, you’re not a winner this time” message will automatically receive one (1) entry, per Scratchie Code Card unique entry, into the final draw as more particularly described in clause 22 (The Final Draw).
21. In addition, online purchases, which, if such purchases had been made instore during the Promotion Period, would have qualified the customer to one or more Scratchie Code Cards pursuant to clause 6.a and/or 6.b (Online Qualifying Purchase), will, instead qualify the customer with automatic entry into The Final Draw. The number of entries gained will be equal to the number of Scratchie Code Cards that would have been provided, and subject to the maximum cap in clause 7.
22. A prize winner will be drawn by 1 December 2019 by random electronic selection from all valid entries received pursuant to clauses 20 and 21. The first eligible entry drawn will win a cash prize of $10,000 (The Final Draw Prize). The prize winner is to allow up to 28 working days to receive their prize via bank transfer, following validation of their prize claim.
Notifying The Final Draw Prize Winner
23. The prize winner of The Final Draw will be notified by Foodstuffs or its agent once the draw has been completed within 10 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the IShop account (if winner is from an Online Qualifying Purchase) or by call to the cell phone number entered when playing the Scratchie Code Card pursuant to clause 10 (if Scratchie Code Card winner). In the event that the prize winner cannot be contacted within 14 working days of The Final Draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that the prize winner is not eligible to participate in The Final Draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and The Final Draw Prize allocated to the new prize winner.
24. Foodstuffs is not responsible if The Final Draw prize winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the IShop system or incorrect cell phone number entered when playing a Scratchie Code Card and any such winner will forfeit the Cash Prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility to Enter and to Win a Prize
25. To be eligible to win an Instant Cash Prize:
a. You cannot be a New World employee;
b. You must have made a Qualifying Purchase;
c. You must retain a valid receipt of your Qualifying Purchase;
d. You must retain your original Scratchie Code Card and receipt;
e. You must be a New Zealand resident and 18 years of age or older;
f. You must have a valid mobile phone number, email address and New Zealand bank account number and entered these correctly;
g. You must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
26. To be eligible to win The Final Draw Prize:
a. You cannot be a New World employee;
b. In case of any entry pursuant to clause 21, you must have made an Online Qualifying Purchase;
c. You must be a New Zealand resident and 18 years of age or older;
d. You must have a valid mobile phone number, email address and New Zealand bank account number and entered these correctly;
e. You must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the Promotion on request for no additional compensation.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost Scratchie Code Cards.
28. Scratchie Code Cards and Prizes are not negotiable or transferable.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate this promotion at any time.
30. The Scratchie Code Cards must not be exchanged or on-sold.
Verifying compliance with these terms
31. The Promoter and/or its agents reserves the right, at any time, to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any or its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
32. Any cost associated with accessing www.matchready.co.nz is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
Exclusion of liability
33. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and each Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Promotion.
34. The Promoter and any Participating Store may, in their sole discretion, refuse to provide Scratchie Code Cards if it believes that a customer has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
35. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the promotion the decision of the Promoter and its agents will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by the Promoter or its agents will be entered into.
36. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs or its agents used to conduct this Promotion in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this Promotion and for future promotional purposes. By entering this Promotion entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
37. Any questions relating to this promotion should be referred to the Marketing Department, Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, Auckland, New Zealand. If you have any questions in relation to the Scratchie Code Cards, or game play, please contact our helpline between 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday: 0800 99 22 44.