Win a private chef to cook for you and three others, and 1,000 New World Dollars to spend in store. Plus, there are hundreds of New World Dollars to be won each week!
To celebrate our partnership with Three’s MasterChef New Zealand, we’re giving away two prizes of a gourmet dinner experience for four, prepared by a private chef in the comfort of your own home, valued at over $500. Plus, you'll receive 1,000 New World Dollars to go with it.
Plus, every scan of your Clubcard gives you the chance to win one of 20 weekly prizes of 100 New World Dollars!
To enter, simply scan your Clubcard when you shop or have a Clubcard loaded on your New World online shopping account when you shop online. Competition ends Sunday 17 July 2022, T&Cs apply.
Are you a winner?
Winners so far from the weekly prize draw of one of 20 prizes of 100 New World Dollars are:
Week 1: Tain L, Gore, Nicki G, Kumeu, Michelle L, New Plymouth, Connie T, Onerahi, Dianne R, Pioneer, Nigel N, Remuera, Jaimee H, NW Ilam, Emma E, NW Three Parks, Audry W, NW Gore, Samikumar P, NW Hokitika, Olivia S, NW Thorndon, Sarah M, NW New Lynn, Kelvin O, NW Waitaki, Katarina N, NW Three Parks, Ian R, Kawerau.
Week 2: Carolyn B, NW Gate Pa, Robert S, NW Greenmeadows, Louise K, NW Gardens, Kayla R, Ravenswood, Sharli-Jo S, Porirua Angela B, Northwood, Ange S, Oamaru, Karen G, Marton, Karl B, Khandallah, Allan D, Tokoroa, Cytheria P, Rototuna, P Williams, Motueka, Rachel S, Motueka, Kura R, Waimate, Arlin S, Blenheim, Cate W, Devonport, Oliva A, Ohakune, Louise B, Browns Bay, Emma E, Prestons.
Terms and conditions
Disclaimer: All intellectual property registered to or ordinarily in use by Discovery NZ or Banijay Rights (the Licensors) is used under licence from the Licensors only. No responsibility, liability, cost, or obligation which arises or has arisen out of this promotion resides with or is attributable to either or both of the Licensors. Any views or opinions expressed by the licensee or any of its employees, contractors or agents may not necessarily be shared by either of the Licensors.
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on 30/05/2022 and runs until close of trade on 17/07/2022 (Promotion Period).
How to enter
4. There are two prize pools – the Grand Prize draw and a Weekly Prize draw. See below at paragraphs 9 – 12 for details of each.
5. You will receive one entry in the Grand Prize draw and one entry into a Weekly Prize draw when you make a purchase (excluding spend on Christmas Club deposits, gift cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products and New Zealand Lotteries tickets and purchases paid for through charge accounts) and scan your Clubcard instore at the time of payment or have a Clubcard loaded on your New World online shopping account before the time of payment for online purchases (Eligible Purchase/s) at all New World stores nationwide plus online at newworld.co.nz/shop and through the New World mobile application (Participating Stores).
6. Each Eligible Purchase made at a Participating Store is an eligible entry (Eligible Entry) into the Grand Prize draw and Weekly Prize draw.
7. The number of times you can enter the Weekly Prize draw each week is determined by the number of Eligible Entries you made each week during the Promotion Period. For example:
i) if you make two Eligible Entries during the second week of the Promotion Period, you will receive two entries into that week’s Weekly Prize draw and so on; or
ii) if you make two Eligible Entries during the second week of the Promotion Period and one in the fifth week of the Promotion Period, you will receive two entries into the Weekly Prize draw for the second week of the Promotion Period and one entry into the Weekly Prize draw for the fifth week of the Promotion Period.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
8. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a) You must have made an Eligible Entry;
b) you must be a current New World Clubcard member;
c) you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation;
d) you must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at Foodstuffs’ sole discretion, their prize may be deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner.
Prizes and how winners will be selected
9. There are two Grand Prizes to be won. Each Grand Prize is a meal cooked in the winner’s home by personal chef (as advised by Foodstuffs depending on location of winner) for 4 people (winner plus 3 guests), plus 1000 New World Dollars loaded onto the winners Clubcard (Grand Prize). Each Grand Prize is valued at approximately $1560.
10. Each Grand Prize winner will be drawn by Foodstuffs by 29/07/2022 by random electronic selection from all Eligible Entries. The first 2 eligible winners drawn will win a Grand Prize. New World Dollars will be loaded onto each grand prize winners Clubcard within 10 working days of the winner being confirmed.
11. There are 20 Weekly Prizes to be won each week of the Promotion Period, a total of 140 Weekly Prizes in total. Each weekly prize is 100 New World Dollars (each a Weekly Prize). Winners will be randomly selected by Foodstuffs from all Eligible Entries received during each week of the Promotion Period. The first 20 eligible winners drawn each week will win a Weekly Prize.
12. Each winner of a Weekly Prize will be drawn no later than two weeks after the end of the week that the entry was received (for example, for all entries received during the week of Monday 30 May – Sunday 5 June the winner of that week’s Weekly Prize will be selected by Sunday 19 June).
Total prize pool
13. The total prize pool (2 x Grand Prizes and 140 x Weekly Prizes) is valued at $17,120.00.
If prize becomes unavailable
14. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
15. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or its agent once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Clubcard used to enter the competition. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
16. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being provided, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
17. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
18. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
19. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
20. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
21. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
22. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Clubcard will also apply.
23. Foodstuffs reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
25. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact the Clubcard Helpline on 0800 80 70 70.