Foodstuffs aims to protect your privacy as a customer and a user of I shop New World. It is our goal to provide you services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
I shop New World is intended for use by people located in New Zealand and is not intended for use by anyone located outside New Zealand.
1.0 COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
1.1 From time to time Foodstuffs may need to obtain personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of I shop New World to you. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
2.0 WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
2.1 You must register with New World to use I shop New World and search for and buy Groceries. You can complete this New World registration by registering online as an I shop New World customer.
To register as an I shop New World customer, you will need to provide us with certain personal information, which may include your name, postal and delivery address, email address, phone number and other requested information.
2.2 In addition, in the course of using I shop New World once registered, we may collect various other information from you, including demographic information (e.g. age, gender), mobile location data, order information (e.g. your preferences, purchases and returns history) and other information that we request.
2.3 If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the services available through I shop New World.
3.0 WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY FOODSTUFFS
3.1 Foodstuffs collects personal information from you in course of providing some of the services or content on I shop New World to you.
3.2 By registering to use I shop New World, you agree that Foodstuffs may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
- provide you with a username or password for I shop New World;
- assist in providing services you request from I shop New World;
- if you are a Clubcard member, collect, store or use your personal information for any purpose referred to in the Privacy section of the Clubcard Terms and Conditions in respect of your Clubcard membership;
- contact you about your use of I shop New World and any order you have placed;
- process and deliver your order or make your order available for collection;
- identify and determine the benefits, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, your family or household based on what you like to buy;
- provide you (or allow a third party to provide you) via email, online or post with details of special offers, discounts, prize draws, loyalty programmes (including New World Clubcard), competitions and information about products or services offered by New World or other brands that may be of interest to you, your family or household;
- help you complete any application by you to join Foodstuffs’ loyalty programmes (including New World Clubcard);
- conduct research related to your supermarket shopping;
- use your personal information for other Foodstuffs marketing and promotional purposes;
- take actions required to keep your information secure;
- enhance your overall shopping experience at New World or I shop New World;
- undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis); and
- such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, Foodstuffs will collect your personal information directly from you.
4.0 DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
By registering to use I shop New World, you agree that Foodstuffs may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to
- A Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- A franchisee of a Foodstuffs Co-operative;
- Loyalty New Zealand Limited (which operates Fly Buys);
- Air New Zealand Limited (which operates Airpoints);
- A person outside of Foodstuffs who is contracted to us (or a Foodstuffs Co-operative) to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
- To third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by the law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
To process your payments for Groceries through I shop New World, your personal information relating to credit or debit card payments will be processed by our appointed payment provider who may hold those details.
5.0 COOKIES AND TRACKING
By using I shop New World you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of I shop New World.
6.0 ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various app, web and/ or email analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect information through I shop New World (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on I shop New World). Emails we send to you may also include a code that measures or determines what you do when you receive it and whether you respond. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools is anonymous and is not personal to you. Further information about Google Analytics and the way in which it collects and uses data can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
7.0 SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is important to us and we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
8.0 ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited or Foodstuffs North Island Limited at Roma Road, Auckland 1440, by Foodstuffs South Limited at Main North Road in Christchurch and/or by one or more of Foodstuffs' trusted data service providers. Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access to your personal information that we hold about you, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your I shop New World details online. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 4 NEW WORLD (0800 463 996). We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date. If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.
Latest update: 14 August 2018