Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (NZ) Limited (‘Foodstuffs’) and JH Whittaker’s & Sons Ltd (‘Supplier’) jointly (Promoter).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on 13/09/21 and runs until close of trade on 31/10/21 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw each time you purchase any three Whittaker’s chocolate products in one transaction during the Promotion Period and scan your Clubcard card instore (Loyalty Card) at the time of payment, or when you enter your Clubcard details before the time of payment for Online Shopping purchases (Eligible Purchase) at all New World stores nationwide plus online at www.newworld.co.nz/shop, but excluding Fresh Collective by New World stores and including Shoprite Inglewood (Participating Stores).
When your Loyalty Card is scanned (or Clubcard entered in the case of Online Shopping purchases) you will automatically be entered into the draw.
5. You will only receive one entry into the competition even if you purchase more than three participating products in your Eligible Purchase.
6. If an entry is made by a Clubcard secondary card holder scanning that Clubcard, the entry will be made in the name of the primary Clubcard holder.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a) you cannot be a New World or Clubcard staff member;
b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase and scanned your Clubcard at the time of purchase;
c) you must be a current Clubcard member;
d) you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
How winners will be selected
8. The prize winner will be drawn by Loyalty New Zealand Limited (Loyalty) on behalf of Foodstuffs by 14/10/2021 – 2 weeks after prize draw closes by random electronic selection from all entries. The first 2 eligible winners drawn will each win the Major Prize of a Whittaker’s Factory Tour and luxury stay in Wellington for two, the next 10 eligible winners drawn will win the Minor Prize of $125 worth of Whittaker’s chocolate. There are 2 x $10,000 Major Prizes and 10 x $125 Minor Prizes to be won. The total prize pool is valued at $21,250.
If prize becomes unavailable
9. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs and Whittaker’s are not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs or Whittaker’s may substitute a prize of its choice.
10. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or the Supplier once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Loyalty Card used to enter the competition (or the primary Clubcard card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 5 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
11. Foodstuffs and Whittaker’s are not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Loyalty Card’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
12. For collection in store, prize winner(s) must collect at the specified store. If prize winner(s) are unable to collect at that store, within the collection period stated, a further draw may be conducted, and the prize allocated to a new winner.
13. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
14. The selection results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
16. The prizes include two trip packages, each for two people, to Whittaker’s in Porirua (Major Prize), staying in Wellington.. Winners and their guest must be available for travel within the period of six months from the date of notification on the winner, excluding 13th Dec 21 – 23rd Jan 22. Flights are from cities of departure in New Zealand serviced by Air New Zealand only. Each winner and their guest must make their own way to the city of departure, at their own cost, to be eligible to take up the Major Prize.
17. Each Major Prize includes:
• Two return economy class airfares flying from departure city (any New Zealand domestic airport serviced by Air New Zealand) to Wellington.
• 1 night accommodation in Wellington for the winner and their guest in a twin share room (2 x single or 1 x double bed, subject to availability).
• Return airport-to-accommodation transfers for the winner and their guest in Wellington.
• $1000 Prezzy Card spending money.
• Return transfer to and from Whittaker’s Porirua in Wellington for the winner and their guest.
• A Whittaker’s Chocolate masterclass, including factory tour, for the winner and their guest.
• New products samples delivered to the winner’s address on the week of launch for the next 12 months following their Whittaker’s factory visit.
• The Promoter will pay all airline taxes, fuel surcharges, levies and ticketing taxes payable at time of booking the airfares mentioned above.
18. Additional transfers to those specified are not included. Travel insurance is not included. Any other expenses, including meals not expressly included above, are at the winner’s own cost. Selection of airline, departure times and accommodation venue is at the Whittaker’s discretion at the time of booking. Airline travel, airport transfers and accommodation are subject to the relevant supplier’s standard terms and conditions and Whittaker’s will not be liable for any act or omission of any third party providing those services.
19. Factory tours may not be conducted under Covid19 Level 2-Level 4 and alternative dates may need to be arranged in the event of lockdown restrictions. Subject to applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Whittaker’s, their employees and their agents accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury suffered as a result of change in travel arrangements as a result of Lockdown restrictions being enforced.
20. The prizes include 10 Whittaker’s chocolate hampers (Minor Prizes), to be delivered to the winner’s address. Chocolate hamper prize value will be based on the Foodstuffs recommended retail price.
Verifying compliance with these term
21. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
22. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, Whittaker’s any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize
23. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into
24. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Loyalty Card, depending on the card you scan or enter for an Eligible Purchase will also apply and can be viewed at www.clubcard.co.nz.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
26. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs and Loyalty. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs, Loyalty and if applicable your Loyalty Card provider in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used by Foodstuffs and Whittaker’s to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the applicable Loyalty Card terms and conditions. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
27. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact Supplier – Sean Snow, Head of Sales, [email protected].