BIC Back to School competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
Promoter2. The promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (NZ) Limited (‘Foodstuffs’) and BIC New Zealand Ltd. (‘Supplier’) jointly (Promoter).
Promotion Period and how to enter3. The competition commences on 04/01/21 and runs until close of trade on 14/02/21 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw each time you purchase any 2 BIC Stationery products during the Promotion Period and scan your Clubcard card instore (Loyalty Card) at the time of payment, or when you enter your Clubcard details before the time of payment for I shop purchases (Eligible Purchase) at all New World stores nationwide plus online at www.ishopnewworld.co.nz or through the IShop mobile application (Participating Stores).
When you make an Eligible Purchase and scan your Clubcard you will automatically be entered into the draw.
5. You will only receive one entry into the competition even if you purchase multiple participating products in your Eligible Purchase.
6. If an entry is made by a Clubcard secondary card holder scanning that Clubcard, the entry will be made in the name of the primary Clubcard holder.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a) you cannot be a New World or Clubcard staff member;
b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase and scanned your Clubcard at the time of purchase;
c) you must be a current Clubcard member;
d) you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
Prize and how winners will be selected
8. The prize winner will be drawn by 28/02/2021 – 2 Weeks after prize draw closes by random electronic selection from all entries.
9. The draw results are final and not subject to appeal.
10. The following prizes are available to be won:
a. The first eligible winner drawn will win the major prize of $10,000 cash. Prize will be deposited via electronic funds transfer into winner’s bank account. The winner must provide bank account details to receive the Prize.
b. The next 5 eligible winners drawn will each win one Apple iPad Air 64GB.
11. There is a total of 6 prizes to be own, comprising of 1 Major Cash Prize and 5 Apple iPad Air 64GB. The total prize pool is valued at $14,995 (as at October 2020).
If prize becomes unavailable
12. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs nor the Supplier is responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
13. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or the Supplier once a draw has been completed within 10 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for Clubcard used to enter the competition (or the primary Clubcard card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 5 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
14. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Clubcard’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
15. Foodstuffs will contact each prize winner in order to determine the method of delivery of each prize.
16. Prizes are not transferrable, exchangeable, or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash. Winners will be drawn to win either the Major Prize or Apple iPad Air 64GB.
17. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
18. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
19. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Supplier, Foodstuffs, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
20. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered in to.
21. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Clubcard will also apply and can be viewed at www.clubcard.co.nz.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
23. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs and Loyalty. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs, Loyalty and if applicable your Loyalty Card provider in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the applicable Loyalty Card terms and conditions. By entering this competition entrants’ consent to the use of their information as described above.
24. Any questions regarding this competition are to be directed to Marketing Department, Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, Auckland, New Zealand or phone 0800 463 996.