From 5 October to 8 November 2020, every time you spend $50 and swipe your Clubcard at New World, you’ll be in to win a wine-lovers weekend.
Nestled in the heart Marlborough, Blenheim is the perfect base to explore the local wine and food culture of this beautiful region.
Your prize package includes Air New Zealand return flights for two, two nights’ accommodation amongst the vineyards at the iconic Black Cottage, a rental car from Avis and a day to remember with a Marlborough Icons Tour from the Marlborough Tour Company.
Air New Zealand
Avis car rental
Marlborough Icons Tour
Black Cottage accomodation
General terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at here.
Promoter2. The Promoters of this competition are Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs) and Air New Zealand Limited (Air New Zealand) (together, Promoters).
Promotion Period and how to enter3. The competition commences on Monday 5 October 2020 and runs until close of trade on Sunday 8 November 2020 (Promotion Period).
Eligible Spend4. You will receive one entry in the draw for every $50 or more you spend in one transaction (excluding spend on Christmas Club deposits, gift cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products and New Zealand Lotteries tickets and purchases paid for through charge accounts) during the Promotion Period and swipe or scan your Clubcard or Airpoints™ card instore (Loyalty Card) at the time of payment or have a Clubcard loaded on your IShop account before the time of payment for IShop purchases (Eligible Purchase) at all New World stores nationwide plus online at ishopnewworld.co.nz and through the IShop mobile application (Participating Stores).
5. When you make an Eligible Purchase you will automatically be entered into the draw. If you do not wish to participate in the promotion, you can send a request to Sianne Dixon-Hall before the close of the Promotion Period to be excluded from the promotion.
6. The number of times you can enter is determined by the number of Eligible Purchases made. For example if you spend $150 in one Eligible Purchase and you swipe or scan your Loyalty Card, you will receive three entries into the prize draw and so on.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
(a) you cannot be a New World, Air New Zealand, or Fly Buys or Avis staff member;
(b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase;
(c) you must be 18 years of age or older;
(d) you must be a current Air New Zealand Airpoints member and/or New World Clubcard member;
(e) you must consent to the Promoters using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
How winners will be selected8. The prize winner will be drawn by 30 November 2020 by random electronic selection from all entries. The first eligible winner drawn will win the Prize as detailed in clause 10. There is one Prize to be won.
9. The prize winner will get to select one other person to accompany them. The person must be 18 years or older.
10. The Prize consists of:
a. Return flights for two adults to Blenheim form any New Zealand based airport that Air New Zealand flies to. If the winner lives in Blenheim or the surrounding region, where flights are not required for the purposes of travel, then the prize of flights to or from the winner’s hometown does not apply;
b. 2 nights’ accommodation for 2 adults at Black Cottage;
c. Car rental of up to $500 in value with Avis;
d. Marlborough Icons Tour for 2 adults
If prize becomes unavailable11. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the Promoters are not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, the Promoters may substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components) with a prize of its choice .
Notifying winners12. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or its agent once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Loyalty Card used to enter the competition (or the primary Fly Buys card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
13. The Promoters are not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Loyalty Card’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
Prize conditions14. Prize must be taken by Sunday 28 November 2021 and is subject to booking and flight availability and any travel restrictions.
15. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
16. The prize winner will be responsible for and must cover the cost of the following for both adults:
a. Any travel documentation required;
b. Transport and associated costs from their residence to the relevant airport;
c. All other expenses relation to the travel selected, including taxes, travel insurance, transfers, spending money, food and beverage and any other incidental costs; and
d. Any changes to travel dates or accommodation.
17. All prize travel will be subject to Air New Zealand’s Conditions of Carriage, to view visit airnewzealand.co.nz/conditions-of-carriage. Prize travel will not be eligible to accrue Airpoints Dollars™ or Status Points and cannot be used in conjunction with Air New Zealand’s Airpoints™ Programme or any other carriers’ frequent flyer schemes.
18. The Marlborough Icons Tour is subject to the following terms and conditions marlboroughtourcompany and in addition it does not include any meals.
19. The Avis car rental is up to $500 in value and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. Renter must meet applicable age, driver's licence and credit card requirements. An underage surcharge may apply to drivers aged 21-25. All rentals are subject to an insurance excess; optional coverage is available for purchase. Prize covers up to $500 NZD of base rental car cost, and is only redeemable for a single transaction. If the prize winner wishes to extend the rental duration or book a more expensive car category $500 NZD in credit will be applied to the booking and any difference owing will be the responsibility of the winner. Not transferable. Not refundable. No cash value. An advance reservation is required. Standard Avis rental terms and conditions apply.
Verifying compliance with these terms20. The Promoters reserve the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
21. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoters, any Participating Store, their respective employees, agents and any other person or party associated with this promotion will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
Disputes22. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of the Promoters will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by the Promoters will be entered into.
Additional terms23. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Loyalty Card, depending on the card you swipe or enter for an Eligible Purchase will also apply.
24. Airpoints™ Terms & Conditions also apply - airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints-terms-and-conditions.
25. Foodstuffs reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
26. All entries remain the property of the Promoters. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs, Air NZ and if applicable your Loyalty Card provider in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. Please refer to Air New Zealand’s Privacy Statement at airnewzealand.co.nz/privacy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information.
27. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the applicable Loyalty Card terms and conditions. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
28. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact Sianne Dixon-Hall, Loyalty and CLM Manager, Foodstuffs NZ at [email protected].
Further prize details
Must be Clubcard holder to enter and swipe card with every $50 spend for an entry. Multiple entries allowed.
Black Cottage terms and conditions
Dates to be mutually agreed, subject to availability, will be at the discretion of Black Cottage
The prize is not transferable
Must be 18+
Marlborough Icons Tour with Marlborough Tour Company terms and conditions
Duration: 7-8 hours
Departure: 9.30am Picton | 10am Blenheim – we will confirm your collection time prior
Transport: Premium touring van & launch
Tour doesn’t operate on Christmas Day, Easter Friday, Easter Sunday and ANZAC Day.
* Lunch is charged separately
Prize must be taken by Sunday 28 November 2021
Pick up/drop offs for the winners from the cottage
A car rental of up to $500 in value, courtesy of Air New Zealand and their partner Avis.
Renter must meet applicable age, driver's licence and credit card requirements. An underage surcharge may apply to drivers aged 21-25. All rentals are subject to an insurance excess; optional coverage is available for purchase. Prize covers up to $500 NZD of base rental car cost, and is only redeemable for a single transaction. If the prize winner wishes to extend the rental duration or book a more expensive car category $500 NZD in credit will be applied to the booking and any difference owing will be the responsibility of the winner. Not transferable. Not refundable. No cash value. An advance reservation is required. Standard Avis rental terms and conditions apply.