Be in to win a Monster Energy e-Skateboard
Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this Monster eSkateboard Promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these and any other Clubcard applicable terms and conditions. For reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, it may be necessary for the Promoter to amend or include additional terms and conditions. Any amendments or additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this Promotion is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs) and Coca-Cola Amatil (N.Z.) Limited, The Oasis, Mt Wellington, Auckland (CCA) jointly the Promoter.
3. Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd is not the promoter of the Promotion. The Monster Energy brand names, logos and/or materials are used for the purposes of the Promotion and/or the Prizes (as defined below) descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd’s sponsorship of this Promotion.
Eligibility to enter and to win the Prize
4. To be eligible to enter this Promotion and win a Prize (as defined below):
a) you cannot be a New World or Clubcard staff member;
b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase (as defined below) and scanned (or entered online) your Clubcard at the time of purchase;
c) you must be 18+ years of age and a New Zealand resident;
d) you must be a current Clubcard member; and
e) you must consent to the Promoter using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the Promotion on request for no additional compensation.
5. The Promotion commences at 12.01am on 31.05.2021 and runs until 11.59pm on 28.06.2021 (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
Eligible Purchase and how to enter
6. During the Promotion Period, you will receive one entry into the draw each time you purchase any two (2) x 500ml or 550ml Monster Energy Products (all flavours included) (excluding vending machine purchases) in one transaction from any participating New World Supermarket or online at newworld.co.nz/shop (Eligible Purchase) and scan your Clubcard instore at the time of payment, or when you enter your Clubcard details before the time of payment for Online Shopping purchases. For the purpose of this Promotion, participating stores refer to any New World Supermarket and www.newworld.co.nz/shop, including Shoprite Inglewood but excluding Fresh Collective by New World stores.
7. When your Clubcard is scanned (or entered, in the case of Online Shopping purchases), in connection with an Eligible Purchase, you will automatically be entered into the Prize draw. Entries will not be accepted on a retrospective basis after the time of purchase.
8. If an entry is made by a secondary card holder scanning that Clubcard, the entry will be made in the name of the primary holder of the Clubcard.
9. There are 10 (ten) Evolve Electric All Terrain eSkateboard packs to be won during the Promotion Period (each, a Prize). Prize colour, style, sizes and graphics are final and can’t be modified.
10. Each Prize has a retail value of NZ$2,500 and consists of:
a. 1 x Carbon GTR All Terrain Skateboard;
b. 1 x Carry Case;
c. 1 x R2 BT remote;
d. 1 x Fast charger;
e. 1 x Y-Tool;
f. 1 x Spare screws;
g. 1 x Manual and sticker pack;
h. 1 x Helmet;
i. 1 x Knee and elbow pads; and
j. 1 x Remote cover.
There is a total Prize pool value of NZ$25,000 (RRP).
11. If any Prize element is unavailable, despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure it, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or greater cash value.
12. If a Prize winner does not wish to claim a Prize, they may nominate another person to whom their Prize can be transferred. However, the Prize must not be sold or used, donated or given away as part of another promotion.
13. The Prize will be delivered to a nominated delivery address provided by the winner.
14. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all elements of the Prize must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The estimated Prize values include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in Prize value.
15. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
How winners will be selected
16. The Prize winners will be drawn by Loyalty New Zealand Limited (Loyalty) on behalf of the Promoter on 12.07.2021 by random electronic selection from all valid entries. The first 10 (ten) eligible winners drawn will win a Prize.
17. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a Prize (or any part of it) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In this event, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or a part of it) for a prize of equal or greater cash value.
18. The winners will be notified by the Promoter once the draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Clubcard used to enter the Promotion (or the primary Clubcard card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of the draw occurring or if the Promoter determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in the draw, the Prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the Prize allocated to the new winner.
19. The Promoter is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Clubcard’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the Prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
Verifying compliance with these terms
20. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
21. None of the Promoter or Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd. and their related companies, employees and agencies shall be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with entering this Promotion or claiming/winning any Prize, or availing themselves of any Prize, except as required by law.
22. Winners accept and use the Prize at their own risk once the Prize has been delivered. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any risk in relation to the Prize post-delivery.
23. You must, if required by the Promoter, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, sign disclaimer and release forms provided by the Promoter in favour of the Promoter and other parties, and any other registration documentation as may be required by the Promoter, before taking a Prize. If you do not sign these documents, your entry will be deemed invalid and you will lose any entitlement to a Prize. You will be given a reasonable opportunity to review and consider these documents before signing.
24. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter (jointly or severally), any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the Prize.
25. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, acts or omissions of third parties, technical failures, governmental restraint, order or regulation or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Any cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the Promotion will be notified on the New World website at www.newword.co.nz
26. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the Promotion, including eligibility, the decision of the Promoter will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by the Promoter will be entered into.
27. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Clubcard terms and conditions will also apply and can be viewed at www.clubcard.co.nz.The winners have rights under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which cannot be excluded or limited by the Promoter. These rights include statutory guarantees that any goods provided by the Promoter will be of acceptable quality and fit for purpose, and that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill. These terms and conditions do not, and do not intend to, exclude or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, under laws other than the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 regarding the quality or suitability of the Prize awarded as part of this Promotion and will not be responsible for breach of such representations or warranties.
28. If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
29. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by the Promoter.
30. Any tax which the winner may be required to pay on the Prize under New Zealand law or the law of any other jurisdiction shall be the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning the Prize. You should seek independent financial advice.
31. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
33. For further information or questions regarding this Promotion email [email protected]