Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on 26/07/21 and runs until close of trade on 22/08/21 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw for every $50 or more you spend in one transaction (excluding spend on Christmas Club deposits, gift cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products and New Zealand Lotteries tickets and purchases paid for through charge accounts) during the Promotion Period and swipe or scan your Clubcard, Fly Buys, or Airpoints™ card instore (Loyalty Card) at the time of payment or have a Clubcard loaded on your New World online shopping account before the time of payment for online purchases (Eligible Purchase/s) at all New World stores nationwide plus online at newworld.co.nz/shop and through the New World mobile application (Participating Stores).
5. When you make an Eligible Purchase you will automatically be entered into the draw.
6. You can only get one entry into the competition per transaction. For example if you spend $100 or more in one Eligible Purchase and you swipe or scan your Loyalty Card, you will only receive one entry into the prize draw.
7. If an entry is made by a Fly Buys secondary card holder swiping that Fly Buys card, the entry will be made in the name of the primary Fly Buys card holder.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
8. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
(a) you cannot be a New World or Fly Buys staff member;
(b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase;
(c) you must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at Foodstuffs’ sole discretion, their prize may be deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner;
(d) you must be a current Fly Buys member or Air New Zealand Airpoints member and / or a New World Clubcard member;
(e) you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
How winners will be selected
9. The prize winner will be drawn by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited one week after prize draw closes by random electronic selection from all entries. The first 40 eligible winners drawn will win a professional cooking class for two adults at either Sachie’s Kitchen or Riverside Kitchen. There are 40 prizes to be won in total, with a total prize value of $33,172.
If prize becomes unavailable
10. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
11. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or its agent once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Loyalty Card used to enter the competition (or the primary Fly Buys card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
12. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Loyalty Card’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
13. Cooking classes will take place at either Sachie’s Kitchen, 91 Saint Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, or Riverside Kitchen, 40/100 Oxford Terrace, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch,. Should a winner’s primary address be more than 150 kilometres away from either venue, transport, 1 night’s accommodation and transfer costs for 2 x adults will also be covered by Foodstuffs, to a maximum value of $800 per person. Transport and accommodation options will be selected by Foodstuffs in its sole discretion. Should a winner choose not to accept the prize or travel, the prize will be deemed forfeited and a new winner will be drawn. The Promoter will endeavour to provide winners with a cooking class that is closest to the winner’s primary residential address, however, if that is not possible due to availability, winners may be awarded a prize at the other location.
14. Winners will get the choice of one of three cooking classes, each with preselected set dates (set out in clause 15 below). Choice of cooking class will be on a first come, first served basis until the class is full. Classes and dates are subject to availability and there is no guarantee a winner will be able to get their first choice of class and/or date. Once the class date has been selected, this cannot be changed. If you are unable to make any of the available dates (set out in clause 15 below), the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and new winner will be drawn.
15. Winners get the choice of the following classes and dates: Sachie’s Kitchen in Auckland: Thai on Saturday 23rd October, 6pm - 8.30pm, Vietnamese on Saturday, 30th Oct, 6pm - 8.30pm or Japanese on Saturday 6th Nov, 6pm - 8.30pm.Riverside Kitchen in Christchurch: : Mediterranean on Saturday 2nd October, 6pm – 9pm, Thai - Saturday 30th October, 6pm – 9pm, Italian Pasta Making - Saturday 6th November, 6pm – 9pm.
16. Where necessary, Flights, Accommodation and Transfers will be booked by Corporate Travel Management Limited based on the information provided by the winner.
17. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
18. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
19. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
20. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
21. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
22. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Loyalty Card, depending on the card you swipe or enter for an Eligible Purchase will also apply.
23. Foodstuffs reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
25. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact Foodstuffs at [email protected]