Be in to win a Shopping Spree for two in Melbourne. Simply purchase two or more Wattie’s soup products in a single transaction and swipe your Clubcard to go in the draw to win.
Prizes to be won worth $7000 each.
The competition commences on 10 June 2019 and runs until close of trade on 8 July 2019.
Full Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Entry
- By entering the ‘Wattie’s Soup Consumer Promotion New World 2019’ ‘Melbourne Shopping Spree’ (Promotion) entrants accept these terms and conditions.
- Entry to this competition is open to New Zealand residents aged 18+.
- Employees of the Promoter and their affiliates and agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- Entry into this promotion is free.
The co-promoters are Heinz Wattie’s Limited of 513 King St North, Hastings 4122, New Zealand and Foodstuffs New Zealand (both,the Promotersor Promoter).
The Promotion will be conducted in New World stores on the North and South Islands of New Zealand (Participating Stores), operated by Foodstuffs NZ, including Foodstuffs North Island Limited, Foodstuffs South Island Limited and Foodstuffs NZ Limited (Foodstuffs).
Entries open at 00:01 NZST on 10 June 2019 and close at 23:59 NZST on 8 July 2019 (Promotion Period).
How to enter
- To enter, entrants must do the following during the Promotion Period:
- Purchase two or more Wattie’s soup products in one transaction from any Participating Stores (Qualifying Purchase); and
- Scan their New World Clubcard (New World Clubcard) at the time of purchase.
- Limit of 1 entry per Qualifying Purchase.
- Entrants must retain a purchase receipt for each Qualifying Purchase as proof of purchase.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time the New World Clubcard’s scanned information is received by Foodstuffs New Zealand.
- Promoters are not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any technical reason beyond their reasonable control.
- Entrants must ensure that the New World Clubcard is updated with their current account and contact details (including phone number).
- All valid entries will be grouped in accordance with the location of the Participating Store where the purchase has been made ( North or South Island) and a separate draw will be conducted for each group.
- All purchases made and entries lodged in North Island Participating Stores will go into a winner draw North (Winner Draw North) and all entries lodged in South Island New World stores will go into a winner draw South (Winner Draw South) (together,Winner Draws).
- Both Winner Draws will be conducted on 11th July 2019 at Loyalty New Zealand (Fly Buys), Level 4 NZX Centre, 11 Cable Street, Wellington, New Zealand by a random electronic selection process by a representative nominated by Foodstuffs New Zealand.
- The first valid entry drawn from each Winner Draw (the Winner Draw North and the Winner Draw South) will be awarded the Prize (the Winner).
- There will be two Prizes in total
Notification to Winners
- The Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email using the details listed on the New World Clubcard’s database. If Promoter is unable to reach the Winner by telephone or email, the Promoter will send a letter notifying the Winner.
- It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that their details on the New World Clubcard database are correct.
- In the event a Winner cannot be contacted, within a week of each Winner draw, Promoter will send the Winner a letter to the address/email registered on their New World Clubcard account giving them a further 3 weeks from the date of the letter to get in touch with the Promoter.
- If there is no response from the Winner following the letter, the Winner will be redrawn on the same terms as the original draw.
- The Prize is Melbourne Shopping Spree for 2 people, each valued at NZD 7,000.
- There will be two (2) Prizes, each Prize is NZD 7,000. The total of 2 Prizes retail value is NZD 14,000.
Each Prize includes:
- NZD 5,000 ‘Bon Voyage Cruises and Travel Gift Voucher’ to cover economy class Air New Zealand flights to Melbourne, 4 star accommodation, insurance and return transfers;
- NZD 2000 spending money; and
- Services of a dedicated Travel Consultant ‘Bon Voyage Cruises and Travel’
- Prize must be booked by 31 July 2020 and taken by 31 December 2020
- The Winner must be available to use the Prize in person. The Prize is not transferable and no proxies or nominees are permitted.
- All bookings are subject to ‘Bon Voyage Cruises and Travel’ applicable booking terms and conditions. http://www.bonvoyage.co.nz/wawcs0142918/terms_and_conditions.html
- Bon Voyage Cruises and Travel Gift Voucher terms and conditions apply
- This Prize will be deemed fully used once a booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The Prize will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced if the reservation is cancelled.
- Changes to the booking may incur charges from airlines, hotels or other suppliers. The Winner is responsible to pay any such charge and the Prize cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking.
- The Winner is responsible for any additional costs not particularised above under the heading “Prize”.
- The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified.
- The Promotion will be conducted by the Promoter in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- New World Clubcard terms and conditions apply: https://www.clubcard.co.nz/newworld/en/clubterms
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, place of residence and proof of purchase). Proof of identification, age, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant where it has reason to believe any entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions including failing to provide proof of purchase, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights are reserved, including the right to recover damages or other compensation arising from such conduct.
- If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this promotion or their winning of a Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its affiliates and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
- All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights under these terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the full extent permitted by law, to vary, suspend or cancel this promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), the Promoter (including its directors, officers, employees and agents), Foodstuffs and the Promoter’s affiliates and corporate partners exclude all liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or any prize or participation in, acceptance or use of any prize.
- The Promoter accept no responsibility for any tax implication that may arise from the Prize winnings. The winners must seek independent financial advice on the taxation implications of the receipt or use of any prize.
- The winners first name and region will be published on the Wattie’s website for one month after the main events have taken place.
- By participating in this promotion, entrants grant a perpetual worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free license to the Promoter to use and sub-license the use of any copyright (including future copyright) in and to any entry submitted. To the extent that an entrant has any moral rights in their entry, the entrant hereby provides consent for the Promoter and its licensees to do any act or omission that would otherwise infringe that entrant’s moral rights. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that his or her entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.