Minced beef with carrot and tomato - stage 2 baby food
Minced beef is a good way to introduce iron rich meat to your baby. Quick to cook and with a nice soft texture, mince is very adaptable. This recipe teams mince with carrot and tomato in a baby bolognaise!
- Baby food
- ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 30g onion, finely chopped
- 125g lean minced beef
- 250g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 250ml unsalted beef or chicken stock, or water
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the minced beef and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile skin the tomatoes by immersing in boiling water for a couple of minutes until the skins are split.
- Take out of the water and slide off the skins, then discard the seeds and roughly chop the flesh.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes
- Pour the stock or water over and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until soft.
- Using some of the cooking water blend to a purée to the appropriate consistency.
Suitable for freezing.