Pumpkin or butternut squash puree - stage 1 baby food
Available all year round, this is a staple first food. You can simply bake or steam a little more than you need for your dinner and purée it for your baby. Remember not to add any salt or seasonings to your baby’s portion.
- ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 30g onion, finely chopped
- 125g lean minced beef
- 250g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 250ml unsalted beef or chicken stock, or water
- Peel, deseed and cut into even sized pieces then steam or boil until soft - around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Blend with a little of the cooking water to make a smooth purée.
- Alternatively bake pumpkin pieces for around 45 minutes to 1 hour in an oven heated to 180oC.
- Scoop out the cooked flesh and mash with a little cold boiled water or expressed breastmilk.
Suitable for freezing