- Meal Type:
- Baby food
- Prep Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 15 minutes / 60 minutes
- New World
Available all year round, this is a staple first food. You can simply bake or steam a little more than you need for your dinner and purée it for your baby. Remember not to add any salt or seasonings to your baby’s portion.
- Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- Peel, deseed and cut into even sized pieces then steam or boil until soft - around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Blend with a little of the cooking water to make a smooth purée.
- Alternatively bake pumpkin pieces for around 45 minutes to 1 hour in an oven heated to 180oC.
- Scoop out the cooked flesh and mash with a little cold boiled water or expressed breastmilk.
Suitable for freezing