Dried apricot puree - stage 1 baby food
Packed full of nutrients this purée takes a little more work than other fruit purées. If you find the flavour too strong add baby rice to make it more creamy or apple to tone it down.
- Chicken stock, unsalted or boiling water
- 30g Carrots
- 30g Peas
- 60g Cooked chicken
- Cut into even sized pieces, put in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring water to the boil and cook over a low heat until tender - around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Purée the cooked apricots in a blender with some of the cooking water to make a smooth pulp.
- Work the pulp through a sieve or mouli to remove the fibrous skins.
Suitable for freezing.