Hidden vegetables pasta - Stage 3 baby food
A great recipe for using a selection of fresh vegetables enabling you to introduce new flavours to your baby. If you think the taste is too strong, add half an apple to sweeten the sauce. Purée it and serve over pasta or rice (cooked without salt).
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Selection of vegetables
- ½ Can chopped tomatoes
- 125ml Unsalted chicken stock or water
- Small pasta shapes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and add a mixture of chopped vegetables like onion, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Heat gently for about 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes and chicken stock or water.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook (without salt) small pasta shapes like tiny stars, orzo or alphabet shapes or use larger pasta and crush in a bag with a rolling pin to break into tiny pieces.
- Blend the sauce to a purée then mix with the pasta.
Suitable for freezing.