Pasta bolognaise - stage 3 baby food
Discover the joys of mince! This basic recipe is packed with iron and can be used as a bolognaise sauce, to make a Shepherd’s Pie or mixed through rice. The vegetables add fibre and you can purée to make the sauce smooth if required.
- Baby food
- 125g Minced meat
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons tomato purée
- 100ml Water
- Small pasta shapes
- Make a bolognaise sauce by browning the minced beef.
- Meanwhile finely chop the vegetables and add them to the cooked meat along with the tomato purée.
- Add thewater, bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, blend the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile cook (without salt) small pasta shapes like tiny stars, orzo or alphabet shapes or use larger pasta and crush in a bag with a rolling pin to break into tiny pieces.
- Mix the sauce and pasta together and blend or mash as required.
This sauce can also be served with mashed potato to make a shepherd's pie or with rice.
Suitable for freezing.