Tomato and cauliflower gratin - stage 2 baby food
The cheese makes a creamy addition to this dish and compliments the tomato and cauliflower flavours. You can use the remaining cauliflower to make cauliflower cheese for the rest of the family.
- Baby food
- 150g cauliflower
- 30g butter
- 250g tomatoes
- 30g grated cheese
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook until soft.
- Meanwhile skin the tomatoes by immersing in boiling water for a couple of minutes until the skins split.
- Take out of the water and slide off the skins, then deseed and roughly chop the flesh.
- Warm the butter in a pan, add the tomato flesh and cook until mushy.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Mix the cauliflower and the tomato and cheese sauce, then blend to the desired consistency.
Suitable for freezing