All Good’s Banana Bread
Help make a difference to the lives of millions of farmers and workers when you bake, by choosing Fairtrade. Visit www.fairtrade.org.nz to find out more.
- 285g plain flour
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
- ½ tsp salt
- 110g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 215g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 85ml buttermilk or natural unflavoured yoghurt
- 1 tsp Taylor & College Fairtrade vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon to taste (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and grease a large-sized loaf tin (20cm x 12.5cm should do the job).
2. Sift the dry ingredients together (flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon if you fancy) into a large mixing bowl.
3. Grab a separate bowl, and cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk/yoghurt and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Fold this into the dry mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased tin and pop in the oven. Bake for an hour, or until golden-brown and it’s risen well.
6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the tin for a couple of mins and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool before serving.