Cadbury’s chocolate and apricot cake
Help make a difference to the lives of millions of farmers and workers when you bake, by choosing Fairtrade. Visit www.fairtrade.org.nz to find out more.
- 100g Cadbury Dairy Milk – chopped into chunky bits
- 175g unsalted butter softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 400g tinned apricot halves drained well
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm deep cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Sieve the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture.
3. Chop half of the apricots and fold into the mixture with the chocolate and place into the prepared tin. Top with the remaining apricot halves and bake for 45 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool and turn out onto a wire rack.
Note: The top apricots will sink during cooking. This is normal to leave a lovely bumpy top to your cake.