- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ¾ cups plain flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 Pams eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- Rice bran or vegetable oil for frying
- To make cinnamon sugar, stir together ½ cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, carrot and the remaining caster sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a separate bowl, then gradually add into the flour and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Bring a medium pot ½ full of oil to a suitable frying temperature (around 175°C) over a medium-high heat. Using floured hands, roll the dough into 12 balls then fry the donuts in batches for around 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on a paper towel and while still warm roll in the cinnamon sugar prepared earlier. Set aside to cool.
Serve your delicious donuts with a store-bought caramel sauce and chopped walnut for the perfect dipping accompaniment.