- 1 pack of frozen spinach
- 1 pack feta cheese
- 2 handfuls of grated edam
- 1 tub cottage cheese
- 1 tub cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 small or one large egg
- filo pastry
- Defrost and drain spinach.
- Lightly fry in a little butter and a tablespoon of water until water evaporated. Cool.
- Mix all cheeses together with herbs and garlic.
- When spinach cooled add to mixture and stir together thoroughly.
- Add egg and mix together.
- Defrost filo pastry on a lightly damp cloth. Put aside 2 sheets of filo. Lay the remaining sheets flat and cover with a damp cloth to prevent drying out.
- Take the first 2 sheets and cut in half to make a bite sized portion - place approximately 1 teaspoon of mixture just slightly down from the top of sheet, roll up and fold in sides - use melted butter on sides to help stick together.
- Continue this process until all sheets or mixture is used up.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown - eat whilst hot.
- (Alternative is to make to the full size sheet and serve with lyonnaise potatoes and julienne carrots done in orange juice and star anise-in the oven. Great for a light meal or alternative for a vegetarian meal).