- 4 blocks 70% dark chocolate
- Dried banana chips to decorate
- 250 g butter
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 100ml double cream
- 50g salted butter in
- small pieces
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 bananas
- 2 Tbsp double cream
- 260g of white chocolate
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line baking tray.
- Beat butter and icing sugar together till creamy. Add flour and cornflour.
- Roll out and cut out rectangles to fit into chocolate mould. Chill dough then cook for 15-20 minutes. Lower temp to 130°C and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Heat cream and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar into a saucepan and gently caramelize without stirring until golden in colour. Turn down the stove to lowest setting and add cream. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt. Mash banana, add to saucepan with cream and honey. Bring to boil.
- Pour cream over chocolate and stir in middle of bowl in same direction until thoroughly mixed. Add salt. Use stick blender to smooth out cream. Set in fridge to firm up.
- Put chocolate in metal or glass bowl and place over a pot of simmering water on the stove top.
- Paint chocolate into moulds, leave to harden. Pipe layer of banana cream then layer of caramel and then place shortbread on top. Close the bar with a layer of chocolate for the bottom.
- When set, remove from mould.
Allow plenty of time for setting, especially the banana cream. Overnight if possible.
Skill level: Medium