Scarborough fair green tea cake
Help make a difference to the lives of millions of farmers and workers when you bake, by choosing Fairtrade. Visit www.fairtrade.org.nz to find out more.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3 Scarborough Fair Fairtrade green tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 125g butter
- 2 green apples, cored and cut into large chunks (no need to peel)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Cut open the tea bags, pour contents in a food processor and process the tea leaves until they’re a fine powder (or grind down using pestle and mortar).
3. Mix everything together.
4. Pour into a greased tin.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes and enjoy!