BBQ hamburgers with herbs and sour cream
What kiwi BBQ would be without homemade burgers? Here's a simple recipe that tastes delicious.
- Summer BBQ
- 500 g lean beef mince, minimum
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced, or 1 tsp dried
- 3/4 tsp ground pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Thoroughly combine the mince, sour cream, herbs and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape beef mixture into six 1 inch thick patties.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Place burgers on grill. Cover grill and cook burgers 4 minutes. Turn burgers. Cover grill and cook burgers to desired doneness, about 4 minutes for medium-rare.
- Grill buns, cut side down, during last 2 minutes if desired.
- Arrange burgers on bottom halves of buns. Cover burgers with bun tops and serve as desired.