Autumn garden pasta
The secret to this simple dish is to have all ingredients prepared and lined up ready to toss in to the saucepan as soon as the spaghetti is cooked and drained so that the heat of the spaghetti can slightly cook everything. Use herbs that you have on hand, even if it’s just parsley.
- 400 g Spaghetti
- 1 Garlic clove, large, finely sliced
- 16 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 16 Green beans, very thinly sliced
- 4 Courgettes, grated
- 1 Red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- ¼ cup Basil leaves
- ¼ cup Oregano leaves
- Cook spaghetti and garlic in a saucepan of well-salted boiling water until al dente.
- Working quickly, drain and return the spaghetti back to the saucepan with a little of the cooking water and toss through the tomatoes and beans.
- Add the courgette, chilli, lemon zest and juice, oil, parmesan, herbs, sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine. Serve with extra parmesan if required.