- 2 Tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 large Onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely sliced
- 1 piece Fresh ginger, 2.5cm, finely grated
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 part Cinnamon stick, (small piece)
- 1 pinch Chilli flakes
- 400 g Carrots, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces, about 2.5-3cm
- 350 g Parsnips, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces, about 2.5-3cm
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500 ml Vegetable stock
- 1 serving Sea salt
- 75 ml Cream
- 1 handful Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the spices and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, green chilli and season with salt. Stir well to coat the vegetables in the spices. Add the vegetables stock, partially cover with the lid and simmer gently for 40-45 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat, add the cream and check seasoning. Mix gently then sprinkle with the coriander.
- Serve with flat bread and cooked rice.