A great salad to showcase flavoursome tomatoes and to use up excess bread.
View the method
- 3 Pita breads, small and a little stale if possible
- 2 TbspOlive oil
- ½ tspSalt
- ½ Cucumber, diced
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup Chopped mint
- 1 Red capsicum, seeded and diced
- ½ cup Radish, diced
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for baking bread
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Sumac powder
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oven to 200C. Toss the pita bread in some oil and a little salt and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp (keep an eye on them, they will burn quickly) then break into small pieces.
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint, capsicum, radish, spring onions and bread.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic and sumac and drizzle over salad, tossing gently to combine. Season with salt if required. Serve immediately.