The perfect way to use leftover corned beef for a quick simple meal. I like to begin or finish the meal with a chopped green salad.
View the method
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup gherkin relish
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- a good pinch of sea salt
- 4 buns, split
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- 8 slices corned beef
- 8 slices gruyere cheese
- 1-2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons gherkin relish
Back to ingredients
- Heat the grill to hot.
- Make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the split buns, cut-side-up on a large shallow baking tray. Spread the base buns with the sauerkraut. Place on the corned beef then top with the cheese.
- Place under the hot grill until the cheese melts and the bun tops are toasted. Keep an eye on them.
- Remove from the grill and top each with cucumber slices and relish.
- Drizzle over a little dressing. Spread a little more dressing on the top bun before placing on its base. Serve straightaway.