Steak with green sauce
I use this green sauce and variations there-of – using herbs to hand – to accompany fish, chicken and vege dishes too.
- 1 cup Basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup Parsley leaves, packed
- 2 Tbsp Thyme leaves
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- ⅔ cup Extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to rub on steak
- 500 g Beef steaks
- Blend basil, parsley, thyme, garlic and oil to a sauce. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and rub with a little oil. Barbecue or pan-fry for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked to your liking.
- Slice steak against the grain and drizzle over the sauce. Serve with barbecued or boiled sweetcorn and salad greens.