Steamed chicken with beetroot tabbouleh
If you are looking for lighter, healthier meals, this one has your name on it. It makes a great lunch the next day, so make plenty.
- ½ cup Bulghur wheat
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Lemon, zest of
- 1¾ cups Chopped parsley
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Beetroot, small, cooked and finely diced
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, cover with boiling water, cover the bowl and leave to sit for 15 minutes until tender, then drain and leave to dry on a clean tea towel.
- Roll the chicken in lemon zest, ¼ cup of the parsley and half of the crushed garlic and steam for 10 minutes, turn heat off and leave covered in steamer for 5 minutes until cooked through (try not to overcook the chicken to ensure tenderness).
- Remove chicken from steamer and season with salt.
- Mix the bulgur with the beetroot, cucumber, radish and the remaining parsley. Whisk the lemon juice, the remaining garlic, oil and salt and toss through the bulgur mix.
- Serve the chicken sliced on top of the tabbouleh.