Chicken and potato curry with mustard seeds
"This chicken curry is so easy to make, tastes delicious, and the veges are just as yummy as the chicken. Once it's cooked you won't be able to stop eating it!!"
- 500g diced chicken
- 2 large potatoes (cubed about 2cm)
- 2 large carrots (sliced into rounds)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 150g frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 2 tsp green herb stock
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp crushed ginger (or ginger powder)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat the oil and mustard seeds until the seeds start to pop.
- Add onions and saute til tender.
- Add garlic and all the spices except garam masala, and fry for a few minutes.
- Add a little extra oil if it seems too dry.
- Add soy sauce.
- Throw everything into a crockpot, mix well and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.