Roast chicken, lemon & herb risotto
Tegel makes making risotto easier with their great Meal Maker range.
View the method
- 1 pack Tegel Meal Maker Shredded, Sliced or Diced Roast Chicken
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Wither Hills Chardonnay
- 1 ½ tbsp Pams butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pams salt and freshly ground black pepper
Back to ingredients
- Place the stock and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil and then immediately reduce to a gentle simmer. Heat the butter in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic. Add the rice and stir to coat the grains for a minute or so.
- Add a ladle of chicken stock and stir until stock is absorbed. Add another ladle and continue to cook in this way until all stock is absorbed and the rice is tender – approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir the parmesan, lemon juice, lemon rind and parsley through the risotto then fold in Meal Maker Shredded, Sliced or Diced Roast Chicken and cook a further minute or two. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Wine suggestion: Chardonnay