Mediterranean grilled chicken and grape skewers
Marinated chicken skewers ideal for entertaining or to take to a BBQ.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups green California seedless grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, rosemary, and lemon zest.
- Thread alternating pieces of chicken and grapes onto 30cm skewers. Place the skewers into a nonreactive dish or pan. Pour the prepared marinade over the skewers, turning to coat each one. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade, and let excess oil drip off. Discard any remaining marinade. Season the skewers with salt. Grill on a hot barbecue until the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with the lemon juice.
Nutritional analysis per entrée serving: Calories 212; Protein 23 g; Carbohydrate 11 g; Fat 8 g; 34% Calories from Fat; Sat Fat 1.5g (7% Sat Fat); Cholesterol 63 mg; Sodium 347 mg; Fiber .6 g.