Peri Peri roast chicken
This is a delicious alternative to a Kiwi favourite. Peri peri flavoured chicken is absolutely scrumptious. This dish would go great when served alongside seasonal roast vegetables. A sure winner for the dinner table!
View the method
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind
- 1 tbsp juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put chicken into a roasting pan.
- Combine oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and cumin in a bowl.
- Rub mixture over skin of chicken.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes, sea salt and pepper over chicken.
- Loosely cover with foil.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through when tested in the thickest part with a skewer. Note: If juices run pink, cook for a little longer.
- Once cooked, transfer chicken to a chopping board and cover to keep warm.