Sneak in the spinach chicken
"The sauce is so delicious you'll never realise you're getting almost a full serving of vegetable with it! The chicken thighs are roasted to perfection wrapped in prosciutto."
View the method
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 paper thin slices of proscuitto
- 4 cups of spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 3 tsp extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp cream
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
Back to ingredients
- Pre heat the oven to 190C.
- Season each chicken thigh with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each chicken thigh in a slice of proscuitto.
- spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken in the baking dish so it is not touch.
- bake for 25 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a fry pan, sautee the garlic and onion in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and basil and sautee until wilted.
- in a small blender, process the spinach mixture with the feta cheese, cream and chicken stock.
- Transfer back to the frying pan and cook until heated thoroughly.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce on top with some buttery pasta and vegetables.