Apricot pistachio chocolate slice
A lovely slice for making and sharing…but make sure you keep a piece for yourself!
- Lunch box
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup pistachio nuts
- 500g dark chocolate
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 x 395g can of condensed milk
- ½ a cup of shredded coconut, optional
- Chop up the apricots and pistachio nuts and mix together.
- In a big pot over a low heat melt the chocolate with the butter and condensed milk, stirring well until smooth.
- Quickly stir in the apricots and pistachio nuts and pour into a greased, papered 24cm loose bottomed cake tin.
- Press the coconut on top.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Once set, carefully lift out of the tin and cut into pieces.
You can try other dried fruit and nuts instead of the apricots and pistachio nuts.
This slice will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.