Caramelised banana and date pudding
Easy to prepare with perfect flavour combinations, this hearty, tasty dessert is also a good source of iron and protein.
- 30g margarine
- 8 slices fruit bread (toast thickness)
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups So Good Vanilla Bliss soy milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs brown sugar
1. Spread margarine on both sides of bread and cut off crusts. Cut bread slices in half.
2. Place one layer of bread in a 20cm base, square, ovenproof dish and arrange half banana over the top.
3. Sprinkle with dates, then repeat layer of bread and banana.
4. Combine So Good Vanilla Bliss, eggs and cinnamon in a jug.
5. Pour milk mixture over bread and sprinkle with brown sugar.
6. Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 45-50 minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.