Strawberry meringue fudge
Sweet and smooth with a crunchy meringue topping.
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 4 teaspoons strawberry essence
- 1 x 395-gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 500 grams white chocolate
- 3 strawberry meringue nests, crumbled
- Grease and line a 20 x 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave on low. Stir until smooth then stir in 1½ teaspoons of the strawberry essence.
- Stir in one-third (130 grams) of the sweetened condensed milk until well combined then spread over the base of the prepared tin.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate (as above), stirring until smooth. Stir in the remaining essence then the remaining condensed milk. Immediately spread over the milk chocolate layer.
- Press the crumbled meringue into the top of the white chocolate layer and refrigerate until set. Use a hot, sharp knife to slice the set fudge into small squares.