"This is an Italian recipe. My family love it and I make it on special occasions. It's very easy to make and it's a wonderful end to a meal."
View the method
- Chocolate sponge
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet Mascapone
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coffee espresso
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup of Manuka honey liqueur
- 300 ml cream
- Large bar of chocolate
Back to ingredients
- Mix mascapone, egg yolks,brown sugar, vanilla until thick.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks.
- Fold egg whites into mascapone mix.
- Break up sponge.
- Mix liquids together in a jug.
- Layer sponge, berries Mascapone then drizzel the liquid over.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Bring cream to near boil.
- Add broken up chocolate, keep a little to grate over top.
- Let stand for 2 mins.
- Whisk the cream mixture until it comes together.
- Cool cream mixture.
- Spead over top of dessert.
- Grate remaining choclate over top.