Wattie's peach pavlova
A Kiwi Christmas is never complete without this iconic dessert and don’t forget the Wattie’s canned peaches! This recipe is not only simple but also fail-proof, ideal for even the most novice cooks. Impress your guests with this classic.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cup caster sugar
- pinch cream of tartar, (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 410g can Wattie's Peaches sliced in clear fruit juice, drained
- passionfruit pulp
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm circle on the baking paper to use as a guide.
- Put egg whites, caster sugar, cream of tartar, vanilla essence, white vinegar and cornflour in a large bowl and beat on a low speed for 2 minutes. Increase the speed to maximum and add the boiling water slowly while beating for approximately 10 minutes, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Spoon the pavlova mixture inside the circle and gently smooth the top.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 120°C. Cook for 60 minutes. When the 60 minutes are up, leave the pavlova in the oven with the oven door ajar until the pavlova has cooled.
- Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with whipped cream, Wattie’s Peach Slices and passionfruit pulp.