Minute Steak and Kimchi Burgers
Have all the prep done before you start cooking this recipe. The beef needs to be cooked in a very hot pan and will only take about 30 seconds per batch.
- 400 grams beef schnitzel (minute steak)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- olive oil, to cook
- 4 bread rolls, halved (I used brioche buns)
- 100 grams sliced gruyère cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup packed kimchi
- handful rocket leaves
- sea salt and ground pepper
- gherkins and pickled chillis, to serve
1. Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
2. Cut the steaks into very thin strips against the grain. Place in a bowl and sprinkle over the steak seasoning, and salt and pepper, tossing to coat each strip.
3. Heat a little oil in a large sauté pan until very hot. Add the steak strips in batches, tossing for about 30 seconds then transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Add a little more oil and repeat until all the steak is cooked.
4. Toast the cut sides of the buns then top each side with a slice of cheese. Place under the grill until melted.
5. Spread the buns with combined mayonnaise and mustard, then top the base buns with kimchi then steak. Add some rocket leaves and sandwich with the top buns, securing with
a toothpick. Serve with the gherkins and pickled chillis.