Root Vege and Thai Yellow Curry Soup
If you only have peanut butter, this works just as well as almond butter. We topped ours with finely chopped roasted almonds, Thai basil leaves and a drizzle of yoghurt.
View the method
- 2 tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons purchased Thai yellow curry paste
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 600 grams orange sweet potato, grated
- 5 cups vegetable stock or water
- ¼ cup almond butter
- juice 1 lime
- sea salt and ground pepper
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion with a good pinch of salt. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for 1 minute.Stir in the carrots and sweet potato, season with salt and pepper. Add the stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, then stir in the almond butter. Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice just before serving.