Shaved Cabbage Slaw with Grapefruit
Toss the salad just before serving so it retains a lovely crunchy texture and freshness.
- 2 grapefruit or use oranges, if preferred
- ¼ each red and green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- small handful each mint and coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mixed pepitas and sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and ground pepper
Cut both ends off the grapefruit and place cut-side down on a board. Slice down the sides to remove all the white pith and skin.Holding a grapefruit over a sieve set over a bowl, cut between the membrane to release the segments. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl. Set the segments aside.
Measure out the grapefruit juice and whisk in the oil, mustard and garlic and season well.
Toss the salad ingredients together, including the grapefruit segments. Add just enough dressing to coat lightly and using your fingers, lift and toss everything together. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.