Spice Roasted Cauliflower, Puy Lentils and Tahini Basil Dressing
Cauliflower pairs beautifully with spices and is delicious roasted. The dressing is one of my favourites and I serve it with salads, meats and fish.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup puy lentils, cooked
- micro greens for garnish, optional
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup packed basil or coriander leaves
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Cut the cauliflower into 6–8 pieces through the stem.
- Add to a large saucepan of boiling, salted water and when it comes back to the boil, cook for 5 minutes. Carefully lift out with a slotted spoon and place on a clean tea towel to drain well.
- Combine the oil and the spices. Place the cauliflower pieces on a lined baking tray and brush with the spice oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until just tender when pierced with a skewer, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
Dressing: Place all the ingredients in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and process until smooth. Add enough water to make a thick, pourable dressing.
To serve: Spread the lentils on a platter and top with the cauliflower. Drizzle over some of the dressing, serving the rest separately. Garnish with micro greens, if using.
Pantry note: Nutritional yeast is from the same family as edible mushrooms. Rich in vitamin B-12 with a flavour similar to parmesan, it can be used as a seasoning or topping in sauces, egg dishes, meat and vegetables and dressings. Available from health food and gourmet food stores and some supermarkets.