Zucchini and Almond Pizzette with Garlic Prawns (gf)
For a great finger food option you can make these zucchini bases even smaller and serve them topped with just one prawn.
View the method
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large egg, size 7, beaten
- sea salt and ground pepper
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 large raw, peeled, tail-on prawns
- ¼ cup sliced piquillo peppers
- good handful baby spinach leaves
- basil pesto, to drizzle
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
- Place a flat baking tray into the oven to preheat.
- Put the grated zucchini in a colander and toss with the salt. Leave to drain for 20 minutes.
- Spread the zucchini out on a clean tea towel and roll up. Twist tightly to remove all the liquid from the zucchini.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the almonds, parmesan and cumin.
- Add the garlic and egg, season well and stir everything together.
- Tip on to a large sheet of baking paper and divide into four. Shape into 12cm circles.
- Slide the hot tray under the baking paper and bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm.
- Topping: Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the garlic and prawns, season and sauté until just cooked through. Add the sliced peppers and toss together.
- To serve: Place a few spinach leaves on each pizza and top with the prawns and peppers. Drizzle with a little pesto and serve immediately. Makes 4