Barbecued Buffalo Chicken Kebabs
Boneless chicken thighs are top of my list for barbecuing and when coated in this gorgeous, spicy buttery sauce, they’ll be a surefire hit.
- Buffalo sauce
- 90 grams butter
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 700 grams boneless chicken thighs, skin-off (I used Bostock)
- 2 yellow capsicums
- small handful parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 10–12 skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes)
Buffalo sauce: Melt all the ingredients in a saucepan. Tip half into a large bowl and cool. Set the remaining sauce aside.
Kebabs: Cut the chicken and capsicums into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl with the sauce. Toss everything together until well coated. Thread on to skewers and season with salt and pepper.
Place on the barbecue and cook over a medium heat, turning occasionally until golden and the chicken is fully cooked.
Lay the kebabs on a large platter and spoon over the remaining sauce, turning the kebabs so they are all coated in the sauce. If the butter has solidified, reheat to serve.
Sprinkle over the parsley and serve immediately.