As vibrant as it is flavorsome, consider this raita the ultimate cool-down.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 stems fresh curry leaves
- 1 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 2 medium, cooked beetroot, grated
- sea salt and ground pepper
Heat the butter in a small pan over medium heat. When sizzling, add the mustard and sesame seeds and the curry leaves. Cook until the curry leaves are crisp and the seeds are fragrant. Tip into a bowl and cool.
Season the yoghurt, then swirl through the beetroot. Top with the spice mixture just before serving. Makes 2 cups.