Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Miso and Sesame Dipping Sauce
Perfect for dinner, snacking or lunch. Serve these tasty morsels with a fresh, crisp salad for a family favourite.
- 1 kilogram chicken nibbles
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- To serve:
- Miso and Sesame Dipping Sauce
- 300 grams silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white (shiro) miso paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- purchased chilli jam and lemon wedges
Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
Preheat oven to 200°C fan bake. Pat the chicken pieces really dry with paper towels. Combine the flour, baking powder, five-spice and salt together in a large plastic bag. Add the wings and shake so they are all coated.
Arrange on the baking tray, spacing them a little apart then bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once, until golden, crispy and fully cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the size of the nibbles.
Miso and Sesame Dipping Sauce:
Process everything in a blender or food processor until smooth and silky. Chill until ready to serve. Makes 1½ cups.
Pile up on a plate and serve with the sauces and lemon wedges.